“The implementation of SYSPRO is a major step in B&R’s ongoing strategy to delight our customers through outstanding customer service supported by innovative systems.”
– Tim Bridges, Director, B&R Enclosures
Metal Fabrication Software
SYSPRO ERP business software solutions for Metal Fabrication
Using SYSPRO ERP metal fabrication software, you are able to manage production costs, product quality, and on-time delivery by automating and integrating business processes and improving management information. From the front office to the factory floor, discover how SYSPRO’s specialized manufacturing solutions can give you a 360-degree picture of what’s happening within your business.
As a manufacturers of fabricated metal products you know that success depends on tightly managing your complex supply chain – collaborating with customers to design the most effective products, while meeting quality, tolerance and material specifications. You also need to provide a full range of services from design to delivery, and maintain flexibility to change capacity requirements while operating effective continuous replenishment systems.
5 Key Metal Fabrication Manufacturing challenges SYSPRO can help you resolve
The Fabricated Metal Industry will have an estimated Market Value of $21 Billion by 2024.
Simplify your Operations with SYSPRO Metal Fabrication Software
Custom (Job Shop) Fabricators
If your shop predominantly services local manufacturing industries with specialized requirements or once-off jobs, simplicity in your systems is essential to your success. The perfect ERP solution will allow you to:
- Quote quickly and accurately – Customers often need same-day jobs and so quote turnaround time is short and must be accurate or it will affect profitability.
- Increase profitability – With real-time insight into material and labor usage. As you may not have repeat orders from the same customer, ensuring each job is profitable is imperative to the bottom line.
- Perform ad-hoc scheduling and CTP – Customers may walk in with a rush job that needs to be completed the same day – can you meet your deadlines and does it impact other work? Using a CTP system allows you to create a balance between what you can produce and what customers and clients are requesting.
- Sub-contract with confidence – Because this is a capital-intensive industry, many custom metal fabricators are not big enough to own specialty machinery, thus having to rely on sub-contracting to provide a ‘full’ service/end result for their customers (coating, specialized cutting, etc.).
Discover SYSPRO ERP at your fingertips
Business Critical Solutions
As a project fabricator, you might specialize in servicing a specific industry such as construction, aerospace, forestry, oil and gas. You may have a custom fabrication department that services individual customers, but your primary business is servicing the needs of a specific industry. You therefore have more sophisticated requirements and want a solution that facilitates:
- Accurate quoting – Having larger contracts, you need the quote to be complete and accurate up front in order to maintain profitability.
- Creating BOMs/Jobs based on customer CAD drawings – It is a time-consuming task to capture complicated CAD details into BOMs into an ERP.
- Profitability – Dependent on material availability and the production processes.
- Compliance and quality as they often have to adhere to standards stipulated by the industries you serve (such as Aerospace) – Heat-tracking and the ability to do quick recalls (mock for compliance) is important. Your ability to provide documentation that validates inspections throughout the manufacturing process and meets quality specifications with the final product is often needed.
SYSPRO’s Quoting and Estimating capabilities allow you to create professional and comprehensive quotations. A highly flexible interface provides you with all the information you need to give your customers timely quotes/estimates. Quotation and Estimating produces a cost estimate that includes material, labor, burden, and outside services. As more and more services are being outsourced to gain manufacturing and cost efficiencies, these costs continue to be an important part of your quoting process. Upon confirmation of an awarded contract, you can easily create the sales order, purchase order(s) and a work order(s).
Allows organizations to access and print any drawing format as well as to work on drawings on their own CAD systems, thus speeding up the quotation process as modern CAD programs offer built-in costing software.
SYSPRO Bill of Materials (BOM) is designed to ensure your organization has complete control over the product structure. The complete bill forms the foundation for material and capacity planning, shop floor control and costing and ensures that engineering, production, purchasing and order processing are utilizing the same information. It allows you to facilitate accurate expected costs against which actual production costs can be tracked. What-if costing facilities are provided, as well as the facility to calculate the cumulative and manufacturing lead times of an item and to update the relevant fields against the stock item.
By nesting multiple jobs utilizing the same raw material or components in SYSPRO’s Job Nesting capability you can maximize output and reduce wastage to improve costing efficiency – enabling you to quote more competitively.