There is little on the planet with a failure rate as high as the human campaign for love, yet as a species we continue to pursue this unfazed. In his book Essays in Love, famed Author Alain de Botton suggests:
“Every fall into love involves the triumph of hope over self-knowledge. We fall in love hoping we won’t find in another what we know is in ourselves, all the cowardice, weakness, laziness, dishonesty, compromise, and stupidity. We throw a cordon of love around the chosen one and decide that everything within it will somehow be free of our faults. We locate inside another a perfection that eludes us within ourselves, and through our union with the beloved, hope to maintain a precarious faith in our species.”
But regardless of our best intentions, the divorce rate continues to soar with a planet average of over 50%! If only Cupid had the precision and success rate provided by a good ERP system. Perhaps then the human pursuit of love would be a lot more fruitful.
The benefits of ERP are undeniable:
- Greater control – access to a 360 degree view of what’s going on around you
- Simplified processes – streamlining and centralizing operations, creating a more efficient workflow between departments and functions
- Empowered employees – at every level of the organization by making information available for better, faster decisions
- Better integration – helping an organization function as one unified entity. Smoother and faster processes and transactions between divisions, less prone to human error
- Support for tomorrow – highly flexible and quickly scalable to meet new demands and growth
- Adaptability – greater visibility and control enabling quick adaption to market changes
If your organization isn’t experiencing these benefits, perhaps it’s time to show your business some love this Valentines by contacting SYSPRO. For all your romantic woes, you’ll have to take that up with the infamous arrow shooting cherub himself. Perhaps suggest a good ERP solution while you’re at it!